TurboTax 2018 Deluxe Compared
Yank up on those bootstraps! TurboTax 2018 Deluxe Edition is back and as in previous years it is expected to be the best seller again!
TurboTax has admitted that they made a mistake by changing the TurboTax Deluxe Tax Software in the past by restricting some features that in turn forced some taxpayers to upgrade to the Premier Edition.
Made a mistake? well, we all question whether it was a mistake, or was it a manipulation intended to squeeze more money out of customers by forcing them to upgrade? In a nutshell, TurboTax stated that new online and mobile technologies caused features to differ in scope. Huh?
At any rate, TurboTax corrected the issue and the Deluxe Edition is expected to be the best fit with most tax filers preparing their 2018 earned income tax returns.
TurboTax desktop products still contain their unique abilities to be able to e-file up to five tax returns, switch to forms mode, and install the software on multiple computers. Well, that's some good features in my opinion...
TurboTax 2018 Deluxe Edition Comparison
Compare TurboTax Deluxe to Basic Tax Software
TurboTax Basic For Simple Tax Filing and Added Support and Guidance that Includes:
- Extra support for step-by-step guidance
- Ongoing access to previously filed TurboTax tax returns
- Live support by chat and phone (limitations exist)
- Includes import capabilities to help you save time by transferring key information from your previous year’s TurboTax tax return
- Import your W-2 form for speed and accuracy
- efile your return instantly, choose direct deposit for a fast refund
Compare TurboTax Deluxe to Premier Tax Software
TurboTax Premier for Deductible expenses for Investment Rental Property Income, Expenses, and Deductions etc.
- Homeowner association dues and condo fees
- Property insurance premiums
- Local property taxes
- Interest expense
Rental Related Expenses
- Rental Related Advertising
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Yard maintenance
- Utilities and trash removal fees
- Pest control
- Management fees
- Professional fees
- Rental related travel expenses
Compare TurboTax Deluxe to Home & Business Tax Software
TurboTax Home and Business for Sole proprietors and self-employed tax filers that need to file there individual tax return as well as a business tax return.
- You can file your personal and small business taxes together with ease
- You can file your Schedule C to report your business income
- TurboTax Home and Business helps you save every dollar you can thru tax deductions that can be applied to your business tax return based on your industry specific tax benefits.
- TurboTax help you save time with simplified business asset depreciation
TurboTax 2018 Deluxe Comparison Chart Screen Shot
Here is a screenshot that allows consumers to compare the features between the basic, deluxe, premier, and home and business editions to see what works best for their tax filing needs.
If your return is more complicated and money is not a concern to you, then just step up a notch to the TurboTax Premier Edition and get on with your business of preparing and filing your tax return. It ain't that big a cost change, and if you've enjoyed the TurboTax line of products in the past, there is no doubt you will continue to enjoy the quality products they make to help all consumers with their tax filing tasks each and every year.
TurboTax 2018 Early Bird Deals Kick Off Tax Season
TurboTax 2018 deals are here and if you had purchased TurboTax online or software (CD or download) in the past you know that you can upgrade to the TurboTax Premier or TurboTax Home & Business editions if needed to file your tax return. Regardless of the issue that will work best for you, they are ALL ON SALE! so get your deal now! As of November 12th 2018 you can get the early bird $10 off any TurboTax Edition. So Giddyup! Get Your Deal Now!